Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Community Borrower Policy
All library resources are available to the public for use in the library. I.D. may be required for use of restricted materials, including Reserve items, Periodicals, Media items, and Special Collections access (rare book room). Patrons who are not college employees or students, and who wish to borrow circulating materials for use outside the library, may apply for a library card under the following options:
Cards are provided at no charge to College employees’ significant others and dependents, emeritus faculty, alumni, Upshur County school teachers, and members of the clergy, ID must be show to verify status. Alumni will be verified through the Alumni Office.
Cards are provided for an annual fee of $10.00 to adult residents of Upshur County. If a patron younger than 18 wants a card, they must have a person legally responsible for the items checked out, sign for them to have a card.
Community Borrower Guidelines
Courtesy Borrower and Upshur Borrower cards are issued from the library only.
Cards provided by other College offices may not be accepted as library cards. Loans are issued to both Courtesy Borrowers and Upshur Borrowers under the following rules:
- Cards are issued to individual borrowers only.
- Picture I.D required for borrowers unknown to the library staff. i.e. Driver’s License .
- Cards will be issued within ten days of request, delivered by mail to confirm the address on the application.
- The loan period for circulating books is three weeks.
- The loan period for media items (DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs, etc.) is three days.
- A borrower may have no more than ten items on loan at one time, including no more than two DVDs/VHS tapes.
- The overdue fine is $0.50 per day for circulating books.
- The overdue fine for media items (including VHS tapes and DVDs) is $1.00 per day.
- Any loan may be recalled if items are needed by College faculty or students.
- Borrowing privileges will be revoked if items are lost or if overdue fines exceed $75.00
- Fee-based services, including Interlibrary Loan, are not offered to Courtesy and Upshur Borrowers.
E-mail general inquiries and reference requests to:
Library Circulation Desk Phone:
||Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library
59 College Ave.
Buckhannon, WV 26201