Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Course Reserves
Reserve at Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library is a place for faculty members to put items on reserve so their students may have access during the time the Library is open.
Electronic reserve is provided through Blackboard. The Library staff can scan an item and upload it to Blackboard or more likely email it to the professor for them to upload to the class content.
Physical course reserves are items such as books, DVDs, videos, and equipment. Faculty reserve items are restricted to the students enrolled in that course.
- How much of a book can I scan?
- 10% is all you can use and still be in compliance with the Fair Use Act.
- How many copies can I put on reserve?
- Can I put personal copies on reserve?
- Yes, but if the library also has a copy of it, we will put ours on instead.
- Can I put Netflix DVDs on reserve?
- No. Netflix is intended for private home viewings.
- I want to put this textbook on reserve so that my students won’t have to purchase it. Is that ok?
- NO!!!!! This is a direct violation of Fair Use in the world of Copyright Law.
- How long does it take to get something put on reserve?
- We will make every effort to get it on as soon as possible, but a 3-day head start is recommended. For example, 4:30 is not the greatest time to bring something that your students are required to read that evening.
||Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library
59 College Ave.
Buckhannon, WV 26201