Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Student Use of Library Resources
library resources, including books, periodicals, media, software, equipment, and study space are available to students for use in the library. A barcoded Wesleyan I.D. is needed for all library circulation transactions. Students may borrow library materials under the following loan rules:
- Circulating materials are loaned for three weeks.
- Items may be borrowed over breaks and during summer if requested.
- Items may be renewed if no other patrons have requested them.
- Students may borrow up to fifty circulating items at one time.
- The overdue fine for circulating items is $0.25 per day.
- Reference books are for use in the library only.
- Students needing to remove reference materials from the library may request permission from the reference librarian.
- Periodicals are for use in the library only.
- I.D. is required for use of periodical back issues.
DVDs & VHS Recordings
- DVDs and VHS Tapes are loaned for three days.
- Students may borrow up to three DVDs and/or VHS tapes at one time.
- The overdue fine for DVDs and VHS tapes is $.25 per day.
Teachers' Collection/Curriculum Lab
- Teachers Collection items are loaned for seven days.
- The overdue fine for Teachers Collection items is $0.25 per day.
- Reserve items have variable check-out times based on the instructions of the professor.
- Items will have a label on the front indicating either 1 hour, 3 hour, 1 day, or 3 day check out time period.
- Hourly reserves (1 & 3 hour) may not be taken out of the library.
- The overdue fine for hourly reserves (1 & 3 hour) is $1.00 per hour.
- The overdue fine for daily reserves (1 & 3 day) is $10.00 per day.
Borrowing privileges are revoked for students with lost items or who have more than $50.00 in overdue fines. Items overdue by more than sixty days are assumed lost and the student is billed replacement cost for the items plus a processing and billing fee.
E-mail general inquiries and reference requests to:
Library Circulation Desk Phone:
||Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library
59 College Ave.
Buckhannon, WV 26201