The study of biology at WVWC is a rigorous and intensive process, and students are expected to develop strong skills in finding and using scientific literature to support their own research work. This guide is intended to help students identify the best resources for study in their field and to introduce students to the wide range of resources available in the library for the study of the biological sciences.
Access to the library's subscription resources is limited to students, faculty, and staff of West Virginia Wesleyan College. However, users are not required to be on campus to use the library resources.
Off-campus access is authenticated using OpenAthens. In order to access resources off-campus:
1. Click on the database of choice.
2. You should see a page that looks like this:
3. Select "West Virginia Wesleyan College" as your option.
4. You should receive a login prompt that looks like this:
5. Your username will be your full Wesleyan e-mail address (include the @wvwc.edu). Your password should be the same as the one you use to access Blackboard.
If you have any problems logging on, call the library front desk (304-473-8013) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
These sample ebooks on this guide represent only a small percentage of the titles available in the library's collection. To find more titles on subjects of interest to you, search the library catalog.
|Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library
59 College Ave.
Buckhannon, WV 26201