The WVWC Department of English supports the belief that "literature and writing should be an integral part of every student's program." Literature and language courses, both for English majors and as part of the general education curriculum, seek to encourage students toward a deeper appreciate for language and literature. This guide will help students to navigate available resources for the study of British literature. Resources are also available for the study of American literature.
Access to the library's subscription resources is limited to students, faculty, and staff of West Virginia Wesleyan College. However, users are not required to be on campus to use the library resources.
As of November 2019, off-campus access is now authenticated using OpenAthens. The old proxy login (last name and P number) no longer works. In order to access resources off-campus:
1. Click on the database of choice.
2. You should see a page that looks like this:
3. Select "West Virginia Wesleyan College" as your option.
4. You should receive a login prompt that looks like this:
5. Your username will be your full Wesleyan e-mail address (include the @wvwc.edu). Your password should be the same as the one you use to access WebAdvisor or Blackboard.
If you have any problems logging on, call the library front desk (304-473-8013) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
These sample ebooks on this guide represent only a small percentage of the titles available in the library's collection. To find more titles on subjects of interest to you, search the library catalog.
|Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library
59 College Ave.
Buckhannon, WV 26201